Laser printers that are particularly invented to reduce energy consumption have a lot to offer. This is not just a breakthrough in engineering that will improve and save energy in the future. It will also benefit the rest of the world. In fact, manufacturers are becoming more unbiased to the design and development of economically friendly machines.
Standby power refers to electrical power consumed even when the operation of a product with a connected plug is stopped. This occurs when power, even if it is a very small amount, is consumed for a timer or a power source control. A typical average rate for any device when not in use is no more than 1 watt or lesser.
Low Energy Standby Technology by Brother
According to Energy Use Rationalization Business Support Program (Standby Power Consumption Survey) Report, this energy saving printing technology built by Brother is nearly the same as the standby power consumption rate of a desk lamp, television set and electric fan approximately ranging from 0.4W to 0.1W. In fact, Brother has developed a proprietary technology called Low Energy Standby, which makes more efficient the power technology for their line of inkjet printers that was also applied to their laser printers.
This is indeed an innovative technology in which the standby power can be very close to zero watts even if it’s unplugged.
Brother Laser Printers Running This Technology
Here is a list of laser printer models designed with Low Energy Standby:
- HL-3140CW. If you’re looking for a low standby power printer that’s’quick, affordable and dependable; this high-impact color printer may be just what you need for your business. On standby, the Brother HL-3140CW consumes less than 1 watt of energy. The laser printer also runs on digital LED print technology and turns out prints with resolutions of 600 x 2400 dpi at the speeds of up to 19 ppm for both monochrome and color prints. You can also conveniently print from mobile devices via Airprint and cloud print.
- HL-L8250CDN. The Brother HL-L8250CDN is another low-energy standby color laser printer ideal for small workgroups and offices. It operates at speeds of up to 30 pages per minute and can load multiple sheets with its multipurpose tray. In terms of energy consumption, the Auto-Off Mode powers down the unit when not in use which minimizes power consumed by the unit. It is Energy Star qualified and therefore uses less than 1 watt when in standby power mode.
- HL-3170CDW. This digital color printer comes equipped with big business features like duplex and wireless printing from mobile devices – and runs on digital LED print technology. The printer turns out crisp, high-impact color documents at speeds of up to 23 ppm and 600 x 2400 dpi resolution. The HL-3170CDW is compact in many ways. It comes with a small footprint to therefore fit small workspaces; not to mention having an affordable upfront cost. More importantly, this is a low energy standby printer that consumes less than 1 watt when on standby power. Upgrade your savings by using high-yield replacement color toner cartridges to print twice as many pages as standard yield cartridges.
- MFC-9330CDW. Not only does this laser printer operate at fast speeds of up to 23 ppm at a 600 x 2400 dpi resolution, and likewise offer wireless printing, duplex printing features and LED print technology in one package. The Brother MFC-9330CDW also offers excellent features like a 3.7 color touchscreen display that allows you to easily sail across menus and connect to the web via Dropbox, Facebook and Evernote. Of course, its cost-saving feature is not far behind as the printer consumes only less than 2 watts when not in use. Truly, a low energy standby Brother laser printer.
- MFC-9130CW. This digital color multi-function laser printer runs on LED by Brother printing technology and also comes with a wireless networking feature. It prints crisp, clear and high-impact color documents at the speed of up to 19 ppm and resolution of 600 x 2400 dpi resolution. Other functionalities include wireless printing, an easy to use touchscreen display that lets you connect to the web via Dropbox, Facebook, and Evernote and low energy standby power of less than 2 watts which helps reduce power consumption.